#Turnup for BC Carnival

Allison Uy, Reporter

End of the Year Carnival will be Wednesday, June 4th, during school. Student Council has been running this event for the past few years, but they are revitalizing what was previously a picnic to a full-fledged event.

Five years ago the End of the Year event began as a fundraiser, but it was later continued as a celebration of the year’s conclusion. Student Council has organized a grill out during the lunches. This separated the school accordingly to lunch hours though. Junior Michael Dobrzynski is working with Senior Lauren Locante to organize the event this year. They are planning to have the whole school involved and be able to enjoy the event. Dobrsynski explained, “The main reason we are trying to bring this event back is to give students an End of the Year Party to congratulate them on all of the hard work and effort they put into the school year.”

Student Council is inviting all the different clubs from around the school to contribute to making the event fun. Mr. Dapelo, advisor of Student Council, said “We want to promote the idea of all the clubs and groups together something, to develop a better sense of community.”  Clubs can set up booths, sell food, and run games in the front parking lot area and grassy area to the side. If enough clubs contribute, there is an opportunity to expand to more of the side lawn.

Closer to the date of the event, more activities will become concrete. Dobrzynski continues, “We are trying to make this event very enjoyable for the student body, so we are working on trying to incorporate many different forms of entertainment ranging from anything in the category of bouncy houses to dunk tanks.”

Looking to the future, Locante and Dobrzynski hope to make the End of the Year Carnival a fun, annual, school-wide event. Dobrzynsky said, “We hope that when other clubs see how successful this event can become that they will choose to become involved in the future years with the planning and operating of the End of the Year Picnic.”