Brookfield Central Tyro

Kennedy steps down from head football coaching position

Coach+Kennedy+speaks+to+the+team+after+the+November+9th+game+against+Waunakee+that+sent+the+team+to+the+State+Championship.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Coach Kennedy speaks to the team after the November 9th game against Waunakee that sent the team to the State Championship.

Alan Herzberg

Alan Herzberg

Alan Herzberg

Janani Sundar, Editor-in-Chief

Jed Kennedy is resigning as head football coach of the Lancers and as a physical education teacher after 5 years. In the past tears, Kennedy has led the team to numerous successes including 2 state-runner up titles in the Division 2 tournament. He will be moving to Alabama to become the Assistant Head Coach and Defensive Coordinator at Enterprise High School. Without a doubt, Kennedy will be missed and his impacts on this community will never be forgotten.

Some of the Lancers shared their fondest memories of Coach Kennedy and wish him well:

“Words can’t express how thankful I am for Coach Kennedy these past 4 years. He will always be family to me. I wish him nothing but the best for his next coaching job. To the Lancer players, the goal still doesn’t change.” – Drew Lesczynski (’19)

“I came back to school tonight – to sit one more time in the locker room where tears of joy and pain were shed; I sat in the weight room where hours of swears and sacrifice took place; I took one last walk to the game field – man I loved that walk. Lastly, I stopped down by the coaches office to thank about the hours spent with some of my closest friends. It’s been a heck of a ride BC, you have always been great to me and my family. I can’t thank you enough. I’ve always told you to chase your dreams, and I thank you for understanding and supporting me [in chasing] mine. My number won’t change; don’t hesitate to call if you need something, [even] if you just want to talk or need cheap advice. Lastly, don’t be afraid to tell people you love them and always remember Me… You… Us… TEAM.” – Coach Kennedy

“The thing Brookfield Central is going to miss most with COach Kennedy leaving is his ability to form relationships with every student in the school, not just football players.” – John Richter (’18)

Janani Sundar, Editor-in-Chief

Janani Sundar is currently the Design Editor-in Cheif for Tyro and a Junior at Brookfield Central High School. She is also involved in Band, DECA, and ...