Brookfield Central Tyro

A week is not enough; winter break far too brief

Elianne del Campo, Editorials Editor

Let’s start by answering one of the easiest questions ever: Is winter break long enough?

No, it is definitely not. We like to think that by the time winter break comes along, everything will be under control, and we will finally be able to relax.

Well, isn’t that a funny joke. Sadly, winter break does not last as long as we wish for it to last. This year, we will not even get two weeks of winter break; actually, not even a week and a half. Nevertheless, if we really think about it, some break is better than no break at all.

To those who think that winter break is not long enough – I understand. The holidays should be a time to spend with your family and friends. There should be enough time for everyone to go on a nice trip and be able to come back without the stress of starting school in such a rush.

On the other hand, to those who think that winter break is not long enough – I understand too. One does not want to spend too much time away from school in the middle of a term. There are so many topics that have been covered before winter break, that one does not want to forget it all before you possibly have a test on it the day after winter break. Nevertheless, it is almost halfway through the year, and we are used to catching up with school work by now.

To sum it all up, having a long winter break can definitely fix all of the brain drainages of school. However, winter break can also be too long, and getting back in track with school can be quite a challenge. Nevertheless, as high schoolers, who doesn’t love a long winter break? So, my opinion stands: winter break should at least be slightly longer.

Elianne del Campo, Editorials Editor

Elianne del Campo is currently one of the Editorials Editors for Tyro and a Junior at Brookfield Central High School. She is also involved in varsity tennis,...