The student news site of Brookfield Central High School in Brookfield, Wisconsin

Brookfield Central Tyro

Brookfield Central Tyro

Brookfield Central Tyro

Mr. BC 2024 is a “smashing” success

Former class of ‘24 Mr. BC Hayden Lessiter (‘24)
with current title holder Colton Hipp (‘25)
Former class of ‘24 Mr. BC Hayden Lessiter (‘24) with current title holder Colton Hipp (‘25)

On April 3rd 2024, the new Mr. Brookfield Central was crowned after a series of crazy antics and great escapades by the six contestants.
Despite uncertainty over if the contest would actually occur this year, as well as cancellations and lack of advertising for the event, participants were not prevented from providing a fair showing at this year’s Mr. BC contest!

Mr. BC is a contest held every year, primarily as a prom fundraiser for that year’s junior class. The contest consists of a series of promotional videos each contestant produces, a talent show of their unique skills, and an interview segment where the class council asks each member a deep question. Some examples of questions include, “How many toddlers could you fend off at one time?” and “If you were in a ring with Mike Tyson, how long would you last?”
The contestants also conclude with a run into the audience begging for cash to put in their donation bin. The more money they earn, the higher chance of them winning the contest.

This year in particular, the Class Council of 2025 did a poor job of advertising for the event, but for those that did attend, it was a good time. Perhaps, this is a trend the school must address as prom funding seems to be getting trickier every year.

Each talent was entertaining to watch. Yazeed Moolla (‘25) had a karate set where he showed the crowd his deadly punches and kicks. Noah Castrillo (‘25) did “soccer tricks” where he juggled a soccer ball a few times with his feet. Aaron Marek (‘25) and Gio Bean (‘25) both had lifting talents, with Aaron benching and Gio squatting. For Gio’s talent, class president Luke Field hopped on for a piggy back ride during his talent. Timmy Streit (‘25) had an incredibly impressive showing where he pressed a button on an iPad over a HUNDRED times in a minute.

For Colton Hipp (‘25), his talent was a spectacular guitar performance. Prior Mr. BC contestants have performed live music for the show, including myself last year on accordion and Will Strader (‘23) on electric guitar. Colton followed suit on electric guitar where he shredded for about two minutes. HOWEVER, when he was done with the song, he picked up an acoustic guitar that no one had seen earlier. He jumped up, swung the guitar over his head, and smashed it onto the floor, splitting into about a hundred pieces. This was an incredibly hype moment in the show, and possibly the best moment in any Mr. BC show I have seen. This, as well as his great playing prior, certainly landed him in favor with the judges.

The judge panel, consisting of Mr. Jablonowski, Mr. Dapelo, and Mr. BC 2006 Runner-up Mr. Sammy D., the custodian, decided that Colton Hipp was worthy of the high honor of being crowned the Class of 2025’s Mr. BC.

Despite a lackluster promotion by the class council, the contestants still put on a great show, providing a very entertaining night, as well as raising money for their junior prom.

Class of 2026, make sure that your class council promotes Mr. BC well! This is one of the most unique and fun traditions that our school has, so don’t let it fizzle out.

Final standings were…

3rd Place…. Gio Bean
2nd Place… Aaron Merek

Mr. BC… Colton Hipp

Mr. BC 2024 Podium