Brookfield Central senior athletes say farewell, share memories

Baseball
Justin Stollberg
“I can’t believe my last season of high school baseball is already here. I’m really going to miss the incredible sports atmosphere at BC!”

Basketball
Megan Olson
“I’ll never regret playing a sport at the end of high school, with all the friends and memories (like Zeporah running through the senior sign) that I have gained along with the countless life lessons it has given me an experience that I could never take for granted.”

Cheerleading
Robyn Thompson
“Cheerleading has been so fun for all four years of high school. I loved cheering at all the football and basketball games and competing with the team!”

Cross Country
Emma Kumer
“[My favorite memory] this year was winning conference in cross country. Without every single girl on the team running the time that she did, we wouldn’t have accomplished such a feat.”

Cross Country
Sam Schreiner
“My favorite part of being captain was… awarding ‘captains gifts.’ We presented Nacho Cuvillo with nachos. My overall favorite memory would be running through a church during the ‘hide and seek’ run.”

Football
Joey Koppelman
“This past football season was the most fun season I personally have ever had. Team chemistry was a big part of our success as a whole.”

Golf
Taylor Moon
“I will always love golf as a sport, but I love my team more. Because of them, I’ve learned to never give up when things are rough and to always have fun in anything and everything.”
Gymnastics
Hope Peterson
“My favorite part was our whole journey at state. From our crazy dinner at Olive Garden to our tears walking out to the last time on the floor, I’ll never forget the memories we made this year. Those girls will always be family to me.”

Hockey
Marcus Oleson
“Playing high school hockey has been one of the greatest experiences of my life. I would like to thank all my teammates and coaches for making the experience so memorable.”

Lacrosse
Michaela Evanich
“Playing lacrosse for the past four years has blessed me with amazing teammates and friends. Our mud fights, daily runs, and nerve-wrecking games have made us a family, and it’s something I’ll never forget.”

Lancerettes
Sydney Nelson
“My 4 years on Lancerettes have been incredible, but this year specifically has left me with memories I will always hold close to my heart. It took all 26 of us to come together to accomplish our goals and the most rewarding part was being able to share those successes together.”

Ski Team
Allison Hartwig
“Being on the ski team was one of the best parts of high school, and my only regret is that I didn’t join freshman year. The team was amazing and supportive to all of the racers, and it honestly changed my life.”

Soccer
Rachel Kolb
“It’s always fun beating Brookfield East!”

Soccer
Bruno Indig
“The best part of being a captain and a four year athlete was watching all my teammates mature as players and individuals…it has been one of the best experiences of my life.”

Swimming
Greta Patt
“My favorite memory would definitely be winning conference. For me and the rest of the seniors, we got to be four year conference champions. It was a great way to end my high school swimming career.”

Swimming
Ben Everson
“Our third place finish at state was a good way to finish my four years of swimming at high school. Never go into a competition expecting to not succeed.”

Tennis
Alex YavniloviTch
“I love our tennis season because we grow very close and spend almost everyday encouraging one another. Also, we eat copious amounts of food!”

Tennis
Gunther Treis
“My favorite memory in tennis would have to be when Sam Schreiner and I beat Homestead in the sectional finals to qualify for individual and team state.”