Brookfield Central Tyro

Mr. Stark, I Don’t Feel So Good About the Avengers: Endgame Trailer

Back to Article
Back to Article

Flickr.com

Flickr.com

Flickr.com

Nicole Orejuela, Reporter

Nearly one year ago, the world watched in utmost horror as their favorite heros vanished in front of their very eyes. With a snap of his fingers, Thanos infamously wiped out half the universe, including Black Panther, Doctor Strange, and Spider-Man. Indeed, the 2018 Kids’ Choice Award winning film Avengers: Infinity War left viewers speechless as they witnessed the deaths of numerous super heros, leaving the audience practically salivating for clues regarding the fates of the disintegrated Marvel characters.

However, information about the highly anticipated sequel remained mum and left the public largely disappointed for months on end— until now. The movie dubbed Avengers: Endgame released its official trailer earlier this March and sparked an immediate media frenzy. In fact, the two-minute clip spread like wildfire throughout the internet as viewers devoured the new material, analyzing each scene with excruciating detail.

Indeed, the suspenseful trailer begins with Tony Stark narrating the opening scenes from a probe in space as he reminisces his transformation into Ironman. The trailer pushes forward with flashbacks regarding the origins of the oldest heros (Captain America, Hawkeye, and Thor), followed by powerful individual shots displaying the overwhelming sadness and disbelief generated from the Avengers’ loss to Thanos and the events that transpired thereafter. Nonetheless, the group of resilient warriors band together – with the assistance of characters such as Ant-man, Rocket and Nebula – for a perceived “last ride”. In fact, the last portion of the clip reveals the Avengers wearing flashy new suits to accomplish the task of defeating their most powerful opponent to date, thus resulting in another wave of predictions generated by the giddy fans.

One more common theory, for example, is that the Avengers will travel back in time through the Quantum Realm with the aid of Scott Lang (Ant-man), since he’s practically an expert in that world, and destroy Thanos before his “snap of death.” Moreover, the ending scene of the trailer ties in widely-popular female hero Carol Danvers (Captain Marvel). Danvers’ presence is an obstacle in terms of formulating predictions for the upcoming movie, as her role within the team remains somewhat unclear. Her immense powers became abundantly clear with the release of her personal movie, Captain Marvel, but how do these abilities come in play when fighting Thanos? Danvers certainly adds a necessary boost in terms of raw strength and power, but could her powers be utilized in other ways that extend beyond pure fighting?

The public will undoubtedly develop countless more theories before the eventual release of Avengers: Endgame on April 26, but within all of the questions regarding the overall fates of the characters, strategy utilized to defeat Thanos, and hidden clues revealed in the trailer, one fact remains quite clear – it will be a movie no one wants to miss.