The student news site of Brookfield Central High School in Brookfield, Wisconsin

Brookfield Central Tyro

Brookfield Central Tyro

Brookfield Central Tyro

Best Selling Dune: Part Two Review

Best Selling Dune: Part Two Review

On March 1st, 2024, Dune: Part Two was released to public theaters. There have been many Dune movies including the 2000s edition, 1980s edition, and now the 2020s edition all based off of the infamous novel by Frank Herbert. Dune is renowned to be a difficult to follow story with the confusing characters and plot line. However, this new movie has been highly rated as a massive spectacle with its unique cinematography, exceedingly unnerving and thrilling scenes, and unbelievable sound and costume production.
Dune: Part Two has many prominent actors such as Timothée Chalamet, Rebbecca Fergueson, Zendaya, Florence Pugh, Austin Butler, Dave Bautista, and Josh Brolin. Chalamet stars as Paul Atreides, a thoughtful, skilled, observant, quick teenage boy. The movie picks up where the first left off, with Lady Jessica, Paul’s mother, and Paul trudging through the desert of Arrakis following the native Fremen. Quickly, rumors of Paul being the Lisan Al Gaib or the Messiah spread throughout the Fremen believers. Many prophecies align with Paul and Lady Jessica and they swiftly gain the Fremen’s friendship. Chani, a native Fremen played by Zendaya, and Paul share a sweet love story as she helps him become acclimated to his new life. I found Lady Jessica and her sisterhood, the Bene Gesserit, to be particularly intriguing with their magiclike abilities and hidden motives.
This movie has an extremely unique, sci-fi, futuristic world and I strongly recommend watching the first movie and maybe even having a rewatch. Many have tried and failed to read the books as it is difficult to read and very long. Although it can be confusing, I find it to be a fantastic, astonishing story with many twists and turns. I find it to be very similar to the Star Wars movies. Many would describe Dune:Part Two as a sci-fi adventure and drama. However, I found subtle comedy and romance as well as horror within this franchise. I found these movies, particularly Dune: Part Two, to be some of my favorite movies and maybe up there with the best.