The student news site of Brookfield Central High School in Brookfield, Wisconsin

Brookfield Central Tyro

Brookfield Central Tyro

Brookfield Central Tyro

New Beatles biopic films announced

“Get Back” to theaters in 2027 to see the new films
New Beatles biopic films announced

On February 20th, news was released that four new biopic movies on each of the lives of the Beatles are in production for release in 2027. This is following recent Beatles releases in the past year such as the Now & Then as well as the re-released and remixed Red & Blue albums.
The films are set to focus on each Beatle’s life individually.

As of right now, the films are untitled. Although, I Imagine the John Lennon one will be titled Imagine or something. Paul’s is going to be called Let it Be… Awesome movie… I bet. George’s film will no doubt focus on his spiritual life, involving his devotion to his Sweet Lord. If a Ringo film wasn’t announced he’d probably be saying, “Hey! Don’t Pass Me By!” (I hope those really funny Beatles song references are understood by all readers of the article.)
The films are slated to be directed by British director Sam Mendes, known for his films like Skyfall, American Beauty, and Empire of Light. However, to American audiences, his 2019 WWI film 1917 is likely the best well known.
There has been some skepticism from the public to this news of the four films, perhaps coming from the unusual path of releasing four different independent films. My personal curiosity with these films is the possibility of overlapping scenes. Obviously these guys all lived very different lives, but certainly they’ll cover some of the same things, mostly in their years of working together as the Beatles. I think it will be very interesting to look at their solo years from a new perspective though. I’m hoping for a detailed sight into George Harrison’s Traveling Wilburys supergroup years.
No doubt these will be a very interesting group of films. Personally, I have high expectations for these movies. I think that the folks making them realize that the Beatles story is a hard one to cover because of its legendary stature. Nonetheless, we’re going to have to wait three years to see how they do when they premiere in 2027.