BCs New (and Only) French Teacher

BC’s New (and Only) French Teacher

Madam Tipton

There are many new teachers at Brookfield Central this year. However, Mrs. Neely Tipton is not just BC’s new French teacher. She is now the only French teacher in the school! 

Madame Tipton studied French and secondary school at Carthage College in Kenosha, Wisconsin beforing teaching at Robert M. La Follette High School in Madison, Wisconsin for four years. She is recently married and moved to Wauwatosa in July. Outside of the classroom, she enjoys spending time with her husband, listening to Taylor Swift, and trying to improve at golf.

Madame Tipton enjoys implementing games and conversation in her methods of teaching French. She prioritizes engagement, so she tends to change activities often to help maintain the focus and energy of her students. Her number one goal in the classroom is to ensure her students feel comfortable and safe to be themselves even though she would love to see her students become fluent in her favorite language. 

Even at the age of most Brookfield Central students, she knew she wanted to be a teacher. Tipton’s teachers inspired and encouraged her to help others. 

“My goal is to bring Joy!” Madam Tipton answered, joy apparent even in her tone.

Madame doesn’t focus on mistakes; instead she focuses on learning from them. Her students play games, sing songs, and experiment to learn the new difficult language. Madame Tipton is one of the newest teachers, but she has already been a favorite of the French students and the trust has been well placed on her to carry the French program. Please welcome Madame Tipton to Brookfield Central!