The student news site of Brookfield Central High School in Brookfield, Wisconsin

Brookfield Central Tyro

Brookfield Central Tyro

Brookfield Central Tyro

“Friends” Actor Tragically Passes Away

Friends Actor Tragically Passes Away
Steve Granitz/WireImage.com

Matthew Perry Remembered.

On Saturday, October 28, 2023, Matthew Perry suddenly died at age 54 in his Pacific Palisades home in Los Angeles. He was found unconscious in his jacuzzi by his assistant. Perry’s toxicology report showed no drugs or foul play in his system. He was very open with his history with drug addiction and proud of his rehabilitation. There was a private funeral and burial at Forest Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery in Los Angeles, California on Friday, November 3. His parents, John Bennet Perry and Suzanne Perry, his siblings, Mia Perry, Willy Morrison, Caitlin Morrison, Emily Morrison, and Madeline Morrison, and many other close friends and family all were in attendance at the small funeral.
The “Friends” co-stars-Jennifer Aniston, Courtney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, and David Schwimmer-also attended the funeral. Perry was best known for his role as the hilarious Chandler Bing on the 1990s-2000s sitcom “Friends.” Many view his role as the best character because of his amazing comedic timing and loveable personality. Some of his other major roles were in “17 Again”, “Fools Rush In”, and “Friends: The Reunion.”
Perry struggled with drug addiction beginning in 1997 and it began with Vicodin from a skiing incident. He wrote a book titled “Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing: A Memoir” that highlights his fight with addiction and experience filming the sitcom. He was 18 months sober when he passed away. Matthew Perry was an iconic, compassionate person who created immense laughter and joy from his work. He will be missed dearly and remembered fondly.