The student news site of Brookfield Central High School in Brookfield, Wisconsin

Brookfield Central Tyro

Brookfield Central Tyro

Brookfield Central Tyro

2 BC Students Shine at Badger State Science and Engineering Fair

Recently, two Brookfield Central High School students participated in the 24th annual Badger State Science and Engineering Fair, hosted at the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, on March 9th. The fair featured many aspiring young scientists from all across the state, competing in different scientific categories ranging from biomedical science, to engineering, to computer science.
The Badger State Science and Engineering Fair is an annual scientific research fair hosted in early March, typically around the first few weeks of the month. Many students, from middle school to high school, flock to this event to showcase their hard work. These scientists often spend months, even years to perfect their craft. Oftentimes, the people who receive the grand prize have the honor of representing the Wisconsin region at the Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair. Results are decided by slim margins, and thus makes the experience ever more exciting. Even though only three people are selected to participate in the international stage, there are other awards to consider, which are prestigious in their own right.
The representatives of Brookfield Central High School are two sophomores, Victor Han and Aidan Liu. Victor competed in the Engineering category, and won the following awards:
Specialty Award: MacGyver Award
Category Award: 1st place in Engineering & Physics
Grand Award: ISEF Finalist
Aidan competed in the Computer Science and Mathematics category, and won the following awards:
Specialty Award: American Society for Quality Award
Specialty Award: Genius Olympiad Award
Both competitors displayed immense aptitude and knowledge in the respective categories that they competed in, and represented the school incredibly well as a result. As Victor put it, “This past weekend was a significant one for both of us. We are proud to represent Brookfield Central High School at such a prestigious level and to share in this achievement. It has been an honor.” The school expresses immense pride and appreciation for the results that the two students received from that weekend. Congratulations to both Victor and Aidan for their extraordinary performances, and we hope to see them compete again next year!