The student news site of Brookfield Central High School in Brookfield, Wisconsin

Brookfield Central Tyro

Brookfield Central Tyro

Brookfield Central Tyro

Taylor Swift dominating Pop Culture…in 2023

Eva Rinaldi

Taylor Swift, Grammy Award winning recording artist and internationally known popstar, is currently going around the globe performing The Eras Tour to Swifties all over the world.

Recently, a recording of The Eras Tour was released to movie theaters across the U.S. and in several other countries. In the first 3 days of the movie being out in theaters, it made $92.8 million dollars in the United States alone. This marked the film as the second highest grossing film to be released in October, narrowly behind The Joker (2019). In other countries like the UK, Mexico, Australia, Germany, and the Philippines, the movie made $123.4 million dollars. John Jurgensen of Wall Street Journal wrote on its effect on declining movie theaters claiming, “After the double-feature phenomenon of Barbie and Oppenhiemer took off last summer, theaters are getting another crack at cultural relevance with Taylor Swift: Eras Tour (Jurgesen, “Theaters Prep for Taylor Swift ‘Eras Tour’ Movie Mayhem”).”

Swift is also receiving publicity after dating rumors with Kansas City Chiefs tight end, Travis Kelce, after being spotted at the Chiefs game on Sep 4, 2023. They have since been spotted together on multiple occasions. The pair went viral after Swift was televised sitting with Kelce’s mother at another Chiefs game. Soon, Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce became a new phenomenon for the Swifties and football fans to unpack.
The Eras tour is a celebration of Taylor Swift’s many different albums that she has released over the years including: Debut, Fearless, Speak Now, Red, 1989, Reputation, Lover, Folklore, Evermore, and Midnights. Each era gets its own time to shine over the course of the one hundred-sixty-eight minute show. The tour began on Mar 17, 2023 and is set to end on Nov 23, 2023. As of June 4, 2023, Swift is worth a whopping 740 million dollars. It is safe to say Taylor Swift won’t be going away any time soon.
Her most recent re-release is 1989 (Taylor’s Version) and has made serious waves in the music industry. According to Rolling Stone, “Taylor Swift is breaking records again… even her own. On Saturday, Spotify shared that 1989 (Taylor’s Version), which dropped on Friday, has become the service’s most single-day streamed album of the year so far, and she is the most streamed artist in a single day.” Not only is this incredibly impressive but she broke her own record from 2022 with the release of Midnights. Many wonder the reason Swift continues to re-release her music. Some say it is a scheme to get more money from her iconic devoted fans the Swifties. But the real reason is that her original record label stole her first couple albums and a huge portion of the revenue. So to clap back she decided to re-release her original albums now known as Taylor’s Version. As of now Fearless, Speak Now, 1989, Red, have been re-released to her own name.