Brookfield Central Tyro

Girls Golf takes off

Back to Article
Back to Article

Girls Golf takes off

Team captain, Bonnie Jin (‘19) prepares for a starting drive on the Ironwood Golf course with her 3-wood during the Arrowhead Scramble.

Lynn Krutz

Lynn Krutz

Lynn Krutz

Emily Otten, Online Editor

Though it might only be the beginning of the season, the Brookfield Central Girls Golf team is already dominating in the matches, meets, and invites they participate in. The Varsity team includes members Bonnie Jin, Sarah Balding, Sami Krutz, CJ Romero, Kyley Wipper, Amanda Meyer, Maggie Doyle, and Eva Kumer.

The Varsity team hopes to qualify for the state championship again this year, as they have qualified 16 out of the 17 years the program has been in place. With the way the girls have been playing this year, it seems as if that hope will become a reality, as the Lancers have placed in every invite they have participated in.

Other than Varsity, the JV and Varsity Reserve teams have also had significant success with their game thus far. This season the program welcomed in a large influx of freshmen golfers, most of whom were trying out the sport for the first time. The girls have had tremendous progress, and similar to Varsity, the JV and Varsity Reserve teams have won their fair share of matches and invites, showing just how strong the Lancers truly are.

As Bonnie Jin says, “Once you’re out there on the course, you just have to relax and do what you do best: play golf.”

Emily Otten, Online Editor

Emily Otten is currently a Junior and an Online Editor for Tyro. Emily a Co-Captain of the Marching Band Colorguard and is a member of DECA, Mock Trial,...