Brookfield Central Tyro

Girls Basketball begins

Back to Article
Back to Article

Girls Basketball begins

Varsity player CJ Romero ('21) drives the ball to the basket with intense concentration, an opposing player on her tail.

Alan Herzberg

Alan Herzberg

Alan Herzberg

Kate Burzynski, Reporter

The Brookfield Central Lancers girls basketball team has had an incredible start to their season, starting 3 – 0 against Milwaukee Riverside (66 – 48), D.C Everest (56 – 50), and Appleton North (46 – 45), the two time defending states champs, as well as successfully raising money for the program at their Thanksgiving Shootout Tournament.

Maddy Brauer, a senior and team captain, attributes the team’s success to the team’s camaraderie. Although the team is diverse in ages, consisting of two freshmen, two sophomores, three juniors, and four seniors, Maddy emphasizes the team’s cherished team chemistry and adds that the season has been immensely fun so far. Maddy has lots of experience in the sport starting from Kindergarten when she first began playing and was inspired to play by siblings who had played before.

She loved the sport, and continued on through the junior Lancer program from Elmbrook Church Upward program and Park and Rec teams to the Brookfield Central high school team, all the while playing club since fourth grade. She is now thrilled to lead the 2018 Lancer’s as a team captain, stating that the season has been incredibly enjoyable from the start, and she is enthusiastic about this leadership opportunity.

She also stresses that although the team has been successful so far, there is much more to look forward to this season. She is particularly looking forward to the game against Brookfield East on Friday, December 7th. Overall, the Lancers have been working hard so far this season and it is clearly paying off. They have had a great start and Brookfield Central is excited to see the team progress in the future.