The student news site of Brookfield Central High School in Brookfield, Wisconsin

Brookfield Central Tyro

Brookfield Central Tyro

Brookfield Central Tyro

!Hola Señora Meyers!

!Hola Señora Meyers!

¡Hola Señora Meyers!

If you haven’t already, meet Señora Meyers!  She is the newest addition to the Spanish department at Brookfield Central. She will be teaching Spanish 2 & 3 for the 2023-2024 school year. 

If you were wondering about her credibility, you definitely do not have to worry. It’s her first language! She learned Spanish in her native country, Spain. Miss. Meyers moved to the US when she was 23 and even though she went to the Complutense University in Spain she needed to go to the collegiate system in America in order to change majors. There Señora Meyers studied Spanish History/Anthropology in Spain. She then transferred to UW-Milwaukee where she studied Spanish Literature and Linguistics. Finally, she got her Masters in Spanish Literature at Marquette University.

Senora has been a resident here for 24 years and shares the same love for this country as her own. She has 3 children. Her oldest graduated from BC last year, one daughter still attends BC and her youngest is at Wisconsin Hills. When she’s not teaching the next generation of Spanish, she enjoys walking in the woods, camping, and traveling. In addition to three kids, she has two dogs and reptiles!

We asked Señora Meyers for 3 interesting facts about her:

“Not many people know that Spaniards don’t eat spicy food. We love spices but not hot spicy foods. I am a vegetarian, quite uncommon for a Spaniard as well, as we eat pork as our main ingredient. I played rugby in college in Spain and at UW-Milwaukee, even though I do love soccer!”

Before Brookfield Central, Sra. taught Spanish 3, AP Spanish Literature, and AP Dual Seminar at Waukesha South.

She agrees Brookfield Central was the right move for her. She loves the community and the care for academics by each student. “You can feel it in the classroom and in the hallways. I love that! I also love how friendly and welcoming the students, staff, and community members are. It is a pleasure to teach here,” she says. 

If you’re taking Spanish, you’re lucky to have her as a teacher!